Help with Distance Learning
Yoakum ISD has a number of online resources. For help, please click the links below.
Resources used at school
- Google Classroom - must use a student YISD Google account to sign up.
- Remind - Parents and students can sign up
- Accelerated Reading (AR)
- Achieve 3000
- BrainPOP and BrainPOP Jr.
- Discovery Education
- Imagine Math
- Pearson Realize
Other Free Online Resources
- Abcya offers free learning games for younger students.
- Epic has books. Your teacher can send you an invitation for a free account.
- Khan Academy provides free lessons for all grade levels and other learning resources. Log in is not required, but students may use their Google accounts if they want to track their progress.
- Starfall offers some lessons free for younger students. You do not need to log in.
Students Usernames and Passwords
- All YISD students have usernames and passwords. Your child should know this information as it is used frequently at school. If you need your child's credentials, please contact the teacher.
- Some sites require us to modify the credentials. For example, the password may have to be typed twice or the username may need something added. This information will be noted in the links below.
- Not all resources are used by all students.
Many sites use your regular YISD credentials. These are the username and password that you use to log into a computer at school or into AR.
Other sites use your Google credentials.
Here's are some examples.
David is a student in grades 3 - 8
YISD Username: davidb
YISD Password: may46
Google Username: email@example.com
Google Password: may46may46 (type password twice)
High school students have a longer password, so they will use their YISD password for everything.